Dear Vesper Marine WatchMate Vision owner,
We are pleased to announce the release of the latest firmware update for your Vesper Marine WatchMate Vision AIS Transponder.
The update includes all prior updates so you can update directly to this version and it is not necessary to install any prior updates. This update contains:
- Fix for the incidence of not rejoining the NMEA2000 bus after several hours being off the bus.
- Fix for receiver synthesizers being partially powered down during a reboot.
- Other under-the-hood power cycle improvements.
You can now update your firmware via the latest version of the WatchMate app! See this article for more details.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We encourage owners to stay up-to-date with the latest firmware. This update is recommended to be applied to all units.
If your WatchMate Vision is currently running an Application Version earlier than 1.06.xxxx do not follow this procedure. It is easy to update your Vision, but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific instructions.
To update your firmware using a computer run either Windows XP or later, Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" or later, or Ubuntu 12.04 or later (Intel only) and one of these packages:
- WatchMate Vision Firmware (Microsoft Windows)
- WatchMate Vision Firmware (Mac OS X)
- WatchMate Vision Firmware (Ubuntu 12.04 or higher - x86 only)
Note: After downloading and installing the appropriate package, you must connect your computer to your transponder using Wi-Fi to perform the update. This update cannot be performed using USB.
Note: This release contains Application Version 3.04.17136. If you already have this version installed, you do not need to upgrade.
If you need any assistance, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com
Thanks for choosing Vesper Marine!