Dear Vesper Marine WatchMate Vision owner,
We are pleased to announce the release of the latest firmware update for your Vesper Marine WatchMate Vision AIS Transponder.
The update includes all prior updates so you can update directly to this version and it is not necessary to install any prior updates. This update contains:
- deckWatch support
- Added PGN 130314 Air Pressure translation to XDR and MDA. Data is available in Wifi NMEA0183 feed as well. Vision displays value in My Instruments.
- AtoNs displayed with their respective IMO symbols. See this article for more information.
- Mobile apps filter with making targets small, but still visible for easy assessment
- Android shows more details with icons. See this article for more information.
- After a NMEA2000 bus power cycle Vision reconnects more robustly
- Fixed sending AIS acknowledgements
- 5 beeps when Vision restarted unexpectedly
- When dropping targets due to target count limits, de-prioritize targets with range greater than 48NM.
- Fixed a bug where targets with SOG <0.1knots were not included in the list of collision alarm targets, when minimum SOG was specified as "ALL knots" (including all AtoN targets).
- Simulations now output over NMEA2000 network. After power cycle default simulation state is always OFF.
- Updated VSWR graphs in Vision, mobile apps and vmAIS for easier reading.
- Other minor fixes and improvements
You can now update your firmware via the latest version of the WatchMate app! See this article for more details.
We would like to encourage all owners to stay up-to-date with the latest firmware.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your WatchMate Vision is currently running an Application Version earlier than 1.06.xxxx do not follow this procedure. It is easy to update your Vision, but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific instructions.
To update your firmware using a computer run either Windows XP or later, Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" or later, or Ubuntu 12.04 or later (Intel only) and one of these packages:
- WatchMate Vision Firmware (Microsoft Windows)
- WatchMate Vision Firmware (Mac OS X)
- WatchMate Vision Firmware (Ubuntu 12.04 or higher - x86 only)
Note: After downloading and installing the appropriate package, you must connect your computer to your transponder using Wi-Fi to perform the update. This update cannot be performed using USB.
Note: This release contains Application Version 3.03.16949. If you already have this version installed, you do not need to upgrade.
If you need any assistance, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com
Thanks for choosing Vesper Marine!