Dear Vesper Marine WatchMate XB-8000 owner,
We are pleased to announce the release of the latest firmware update for your Vesper Marine WatchMate XB-8000 AIS Transponder.
The update includes all prior updates so you can update directly to this version and it is not necessary to install any prior updates. This update contains:
- smartAIS support
- Alarm profile editing available in the mobile apps.
- Anchor Watch breadcrumbs now visible in the mobile apps.
- 30 minutes of breadcrumbs now available when anchor has not been dropped yet.
- Anchor Move functionality available from the apps*.
- Alarming improvements in the mobile apps.
- External switch default operation is mute alarm.
- Stability and performance improvements.
*Android only, iOS coming soon. More information is available in the release notes included in the download package.
You can now update your firmware via the latest version of the WatchMate app! See this article for more details.
We would like to encourage all owners to stay up-to-date with the latest firmware.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your WatchMate XB-8000 is currently running an Application Version earlier than 1.06.xxxx do not follow this procedure. It is easy to update your XB-8000, but please contact email@example.com for specific instructions.
To update your firmware using a computer run either Windows XP or later, Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" or later, or Ubuntu 12.04 or later (Intel only) and one of these packages:
- XB-8000 Firmware (Microsoft Windows)
- XB-8000 Firmware (Mac OS X)
- XB-8000 Firmware (Ubuntu 12.04 or higher - x86 only)
Note: After downloading and installing the appropriate package, you must connect your computer to your transponder using Wi-Fi to perform the update. This update cannot be performed using USB.
Note: This release contains Application Version 3.02.15857. If you already have this version installed, you do not need to upgrade.
If you need any assistance, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for choosing Vesper Marine!