Dear WatchMate 850 owner,
We are pleased to announce the release of the latest firmware update for your Vesper Marine WatchMate 850 AIS Transponder.
This update adds the following new features:
- Adds control to disable alarms for fleet members
- Support for fast GPS (5Hz) updates
- Fixes possible display corruption when coming out of power-save mode due to an alarm
- Fixes a rare problem that was causing spontaneous restarts
- Minor user interface improvements
Note: This release contains Version 5.15.12814. If you already have this version installed, you do not need to upgrade.
We would like to encourage all owners to stay up-to-date with the latest firmware. The upgrade is performed by plugging your WatchMate 850 into an available USB port on your computer. If you have not previously installed the USB drivers, you'll find them on our downloads page at http://www.vespermarine.com/support/usbdrivers/
To update your firmware, you need a computer running either Windows XP or later or Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" or later and one of these packages:
- WatchMate 850 Firmware (Microsoft Windows)
- For Mac OS X, you must first install the vmAIS Configuration and Status Utility. Then download the firmware WatchMate 850 Firmware.
On Microsoft Windows, the download is a self-extracting archive that will unpack the files into a folder on your computer. Click on the self-extracting archive and it will prompt you for a folder name. All files will be unpacked into that folder where you will find installation instructions.
On Mac OS X, open the downloaded vmAIS Configuration and Status utility and follow the instructions to install it. Then download and apply the firmware update from the link above.
If you need any assistance, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for choosing Vesper Marine!