Using WiFi you can setup Coastal Explorer to accept data from Vesper Marine XB-8000 and WatchMate Vision transponders.
1. Connect your computer to the XB-8000 or Vision via the Windows WiFi network settings
2. In Coastal Explorer, go to Tools - Configure Vessel and Electronics
3. Select Data Ports - click on Port Settings...
4. Select Add Network Port...
5. If you have not changed the default IP address on your XB-8000 or WatchMate Vision transponder, this is the address format:
If you have changed them, adjust these numbers accordingly.
6. Click OK -- close -- OK
You are all done. Select Instruments and you should see your boat's position or select Vessels to see a list of AIS information.