You can configure openCPN to use your XB-8000 or WatchMate Vision as a source of both GPS and AIS data. There is no need for another GPS receiver connected to your computer.
To configure openCPN:
- Connect your computer to your XB-8000 or WatchMate Vision via WiFi
- Run openCPN and click on the "Wrench" icon to open the settings panel
- Click on "Add Connection"
- Tick the "Network" and "TCP" options.
- Enter the Address and DataPort as shown in the screen image below. Note: These are the default settings for your XB-8000 and WatchMate Vision.
- Click "Ok"