Dear XB-6000 owner,
We are pleased to announce the release of the latest firmware update for your Vesper Marine XB-6000 AIS Transponder.
This update adds the following new features:
- More NMEA Translation support
- Fine control over received and transmit NMEA 2000 PGNs
- Improved NMEA 2000 compatibility with other devices
- Update to the magnetic model used for magnetic variation calculations
More information is available in the release notes included in the download package.
Note: This release contains Version 5.17.14128. If you already have this version installed, you do not need to upgrade.
We would like to encourage all owners to stay up-to-date with the latest firmware. The upgrade is performed by plugging your XB6000 into an available USB port on your computer. If you have not previously installed the USB drivers, you'll find them on our downloads page at http://www.vespermarine.com/support/usbdrivers/
To update your firmware, you need a computer running either Windows XP or later or Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" or later and one of these packages:
- XB-6000 Firmware (Microsoft Windows)
- XB-6000 Firmware (Mac OS X)
- XB-6000 Firmware (Ubuntu 12.04 or higher - x86 only)
If you need any assistance, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com
Thanks for choosing Vesper Marine