WatchMate Vision and XB-8000 are supported by a growing set of mobile apps. Things to look for are whether the app supports GPS and AIS data over WiFi (TCP). If so, then it will work great with either the WatchMate Vision or XB-8000. Here's a summary of apps we have tested.
Articles in this section
- Using marinetraffic.com to test if you are transmitting
- Can I use the equipment with a chart plotter?
- How will a transponder integrate with NMEA information?
- Can I connect AIS equipment to my computer?
- What is AIS?
- What kinds of vessels will be visible to me?
- How often is AIS information received?
- Should I use a splitter or a dedicated VHF antenna?
- Can I use my existing VHF antenna?
- How often is my AIS information sent from a transponder?