If you are having too many alarms go off check your Profile settings. Adjust the CPA alarm distance and TCPA (Time to CPA) and check the Target Speed Alarm. You can use that setting to eliminate alarms for stationary vessels.
Articles in this section
- Using marinetraffic.com to test if you are transmitting
- Can I use the equipment with a chart plotter?
- How will a transponder integrate with NMEA information?
- Can I connect AIS equipment to my computer?
- What is AIS?
- What kinds of vessels will be visible to me?
- How often is AIS information received?
- Should I use a splitter or a dedicated VHF antenna?
- Can I use my existing VHF antenna?
- How often is my AIS information sent from a transponder?