If you are having too many alarms go off check your Profile settings. Adjust the CPA alarm distance and TCPA (Time to CPA) and check the Target Speed Alarm. You can use that setting to eliminate alarms for stationary vessels.
Articles in this section
- What is AIS?
- What kinds of vessels will be visible to me?
- How often is AIS information received?
- Should I use a splitter or a dedicated VHF antenna?
- Can I use my existing VHF antenna?
- What can I do if I'm hearing too many alarms?
- What apps can I use on iPad, iPhone and Android?
- What is the difference between types of AIS equipment?
- Who uses AIS?
- Using marinetraffic.com to test if you are transmitting