It depends on the length that you need to run, but for any length up to 25m (80') we recommend no smaller than AWG 16 (1.5mm2). Remember to always install a 2A fuse or circuit breaker between the WatchMate or XB Transponder and your battery or distribution panel. Please see our wiring diagrams for more information.
Articles in this section
- Will the XB-8000, Vision and Cortex work with the Furuno wireless radar DRS4W.
- Can I use the equipment with a chart plotter?
- How will a transponder integrate with NMEA information?
- Can I connect AIS equipment to my computer?
- What is AIS?
- What kinds of vessels will be visible to me?
- How often is AIS information received?
- Should I use a splitter or a dedicated VHF antenna?
- Can I use my existing VHF antenna?
- How often is my AIS information sent from a transponder?