It depends on the length that you need to run, but for any length up to 25m (80') we recommend no smaller than AWG 16 (1.5mm2). Remember to always install a 2A fuse or circuit breaker between the WatchMate or XB Transponder and your battery or distribution panel. Please see our wiring diagrams for more information.
Articles in this section
- Will the XB-8000, Vision and Cortex work with the Furuno wireless radar DRS4W
- Can I use my WatchMate with a chart plotter?
- How will my WatchMate integrate with NMEA information?
- Can I connect my WatchMate to my computer?
- How often is my AIS information sent from my WatchMate transponder?
- Can I use my existing GPS receiver with an XB-6000, XB-8000, WatchMate 850 or Vision?
- I have a Class B transponder. Can I connect the AISWatchMate 670 Display-Only to the NMEA output of the transponder and use the computer output from the transponder at the same time?
- How do I connect an external alarm or buzzer?
- I need to extend the length of the DC power cable supplied with my WatchMate or XB Transponder. What gauge wire should I use?
- Do the settings in the WatchMate 850 Transponder setup control both the USB and NMEA output?