Warranty Quick Summary
WatchMate Vision, WatchMate XB-8000, WatchMate XB-6000, WatchMate 850, SP160
Two year warranty from date of purchase from an authorized Vesper Marine dealer against manufacturing defects. Excludes physical damage or damage caused by external events such as improper wiring, use of non-approved splitters, lightning strikes, etc. See warranty terms and conditions below.
One year warranty from date of purchase from an authorized Vesper Marine dealer against manufacturing defects. Excludes physical damage or damage caused by external events such as improper wiring, use of non-approved splitters, lightning strikes, etc. See warranty terms and conditions below.
WatchMate 650, WatchMate 670, WatchMate 850 (rev B & D only)
These products have been discontinued and the warranty period has expired. Unfortunately, we no longer have any more spare parts for these so are unable to repair them.
Limitations and Exclusions
The warranty does not cover defects or damage caused by these situations:
- Products where the enclosure has been opened or the product has been altered or repaired by an unauthorized party.
- Products that have their serial or other labels removed.
- Damage due to abuse, misuse, lightning strikes, improper installation or wiring, or failure to follow installation instructions including antenna separation requirements.
- Damage caused by the use of non-Vesper Marine accessories such as GPS antennas or VHF antenna splitters.
- Damage during shipping.
For additional details, please refer to the warranty terms and conditions for your region below.
Warranty Return Process
All warranty return requests must be made by contacting Vesper Marine technical support at email@example.com. Our support engineers will work with you to determine if the product requires repair. If a repair is required, please provide proof of purchase and our support engineer will issue you a Return Material Authorization number (RMA) and instructions. A unique RMA is required for each product. Vesper Marine will not accept any product returns without an RMA.
- You are responsible for returning the product to the Vesper Marine service center. See the Shipping section below for your options.
- Only the product which is deemed to be defective should be returned. All accessories (eg. manuals, cables, antennas) are to be kept and should not be returned.
- If the product hasn't been received by Vesper Marine within two months after issuing an RMA then the request will be closed automatically. If you require additional time, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receipt of the product, Vesper Marine will inspect it and assess the warranty status based upon the warranty conditions and your proof of purchase. If the problem is not covered under the warranty (see Limitations and Exclusions above) we will contact you to discuss your options for Out of Warranty repair.
- Each returned product will be subjected to a full factory production test to detect the reported failure. If we are unable to determine any failure during the testing, then you will be contacted to obtain further information and discuss the situation. If after further discussion with you, we are not able to detect a failure then the product will be returned to you at your expense.
- Our targeted repair time is five working days after receipt of the returned product. Under some circumstances the repair may take longer such as failure to reproduce the problem, unavailability of components, public holidays, etc. In these situations, we will keep you informed about the repair status if any delay is encountered.
- As part of our warranty service we may decide, at our sole discretion, to replace the product with a new or factory reconditioned one. In the case of a replacement, the product may have a different serial number from the original product.
Shipping your Product to Vesper Marine
All products returned for warranty service must be shipped prepaid. When shipping your product to Vesper Marine, you will need to:
- Ensure the product is packed adequately to avoid damage in shipping.
- Include the RMA number and proof of purchase which includes the authorized Vesper Marine dealer name, date of purchase and serial number.
- As a convenience Vesper Marine can arrange for your shipping. This service is not available from all locations and you will be given the option when customer support issues you the RMA number. There is a simple fixed cost associated with this service which includes all documentation, pick-up at your location, export fees if any, shipping and insurance. For complete details and to order this service see Product Return Service
- If Vesper Marine's Product Return Service is not available in your area, you may ship via courier service to Vesper Marine. You must arrange and prepay shipment, insurance and any export fees if applicable. You will be provided with the delivery address when customer support issues the RMA number. Note: We are unable to accept parcels shipped via postal service.
Return Shipment from Vesper Marine
Accepted warranty claims will be shipped back to you at no cost. Return shipping includes freight, insurance and any applicable export fees (Incoterms CIP). Shipping excludes VAT/GST or other taxes or duties, if any, imposed by local authorities. We return all shipments with a copy of the incoming shipment documentation to assist you with clearance, if any, and the value of all returned shipments is the repair cost only.
Please note that we may be unable to ship to certain locations. Our customer support team will discuss any shipping restrictions with you.