15 Dec 2020
Cortex v1.4 contains:
It is included in the Cortex Onboard app versions:
Cortex Onboard iOS: 1.8.0 (10) upward
Cortex Onboard Android: 1.4.17 upward
- Boat Network connectivity
- Improved Cloud Diagnostics responsiveness
- Fixed Anchor Watch synchronization issues with Cortex Monitor
- Handset will auto power on from sleep mode if it was powered off at the switch panel
- When the ch16 button is pressed immediate visual confirmation of the change provided
- NMEA 0183 echo setting improvements
- NMEA 2000 bus connection improvements
Maximum number of Handsets
With the inclusion of Boat Network functionality the maximum number of handsets that can be connected (10) has been split between the Cortex Network (5) and the Boat Network (5). Note, using Cortex Onboard on a mobile device will consume one of these, however, using the NMEA gateway (TCP/IP port 39150) over the Boat Network does not.
Cortex Onboard WiFi Configuration
In order to get the best performance out of the Cortex Onboard connection manager, to get started use the in app configuration options rather than the Apple or Android system's WiFi manager. You must first connect to the Cortex Network to get the Boat Network details and decide if you want to use your boat network or keep using the Cortex Network.
Portable Handsets (model H1P only)
Updating your H1P to v1.4 will require you to reconnect your handset to the Cortex Network. Future updates will not.
Updating your Cortex
Your Cortex devices are updated through the Cortex Onboard App. Updates are downloaded to the App on your smart device. You can do this at any time you have data coverage or wifi availability, just like any other App. Cortex Onboard will then distribute that update to your Cortex next time you connect, it's that easy.