20 December 2021
Cortex v1.7.27 contains:
It is included in the Cortex Onboard app versions:
Cortex Onboard iOS: 1.11.0 (26) upward
Cortex Onboard Android: 1.7.24 (303) upward
- Loud hailer
- Fog and Horn Signaling
- NMEA Data Sources
- N2K internal sensor output
- Internal sensor offset adjustments
- Internal sensors on instruments views
- VHF channel lock
Other changes of note:
- Faster VHF channel change
- VHF Mute control now includes DSC calls
- Fixed button backlight brightness levels in night mode
- Increase zoom level on handset plotter view
- Fixed back button on idle wake actioning the back button.
- Improvements to the volume control
- GPS Galileo configuration improvements
- Added more cloud connectivity diagnostics
- Included Mexico in M1-USA monitoring roaming coverage
- Handset button handling improvements (wake from sleep on back button fix)
- VHF TX audio quality improvements
- Handset connectivity improvements
- Onboard app user interface improvements and bug fixes
- Improved cloud connectivity, including more supported countries.
- Improved remote diagnostics
- No longer auto disabling GPS smoothing when dropping anchor
- Fixed OTA update not working over Boat Network
- Being more proactive with DHCP client (Boat Network) behavior
- Fixed not being able to send .vsm if opened the landing page through a Boat Network
- Adding chirps when the hub external speaker volume changes due to user interaction
- Fixed issue that caused certain characters on WiFi password to make it not work
- Fixed issue that would cause multiple WiFi restarts if clients became unreachable
- Fixed issue with cellular modem crashing
- Fixed issue where cloud would not reconnect
- Added cellular region, so the user can see it.
- Added more countries for cellular service.
- Fixed issue where cellular modem gets “stuck” on a particular cellular operator.
- Changed the cloud over boat-network behavior to prefer the boat network.
- Added ability to toggle pressure and heading output over N2k.
- Fixed issue where heading is not always emitted over AIS.
- Fixed issue where N2k depth and water speed values are dropped.
- Other minor bug fixes and user interface improvements on the Cortex Handset and Cortex Hub.
Updating your Cortex
Your Cortex devices are updated through the Cortex Onboard App. The Cortex software is downloaded with a Cortex Onboard install or update. You can do this at any time you have data coverage or wifi availability, just like any other App update. Cortex Onboard will then distribute that update to your Cortex system next time you connect, it's that easy.
For more information on new features now available visit our feature portal.